Solutions Consultant, Digital Messaging
Ariad is a full service strategy marketing agency, and one of North America’s leading Email Marketing, Digital Messaging, and CRM agencies. We are a recognized provider of multi-channel digital marketing solutions which empower organizations of all sizes to communicate relevant messaging to their customers through Email, Mobile Push, SMS, Social, Web, Marketing Automation and Chat.
We are looking for a dynamic innovator to join our team in the role of Solutions Consultant, Digital Messaging.
The Solutions Consultant, Digital Messaging is an important member of the Digital Messaging and Digital CRM team at Ariad. Reporting to the Director of Digital Messaging, the Solutions Consultant will be responsible for understanding the customer’s business initiatives and technical requirements and building actionable plans and programs to drive business. This role focuses primarily on understanding CRM data streams and making them actionable via custom applications and automated email marketing campaigns, mobile messages, microsites and preference centers. This includes, where appropriate, designing and documenting solutions to leverage automation, dynamic content, data-driven segmentation and other sophisticated CRM strategies and capabilities to maximize customer engagement and response.
The Solutions Consultant is a unique hybrid of business and technical consultant with the ability to operate as a digital tech lead, business analyst, technical liaison, and client facing tech lead. As the owner of digital messaging solutions for multiple clients, this person is responsible for the successful onboarding and overall technological direction for those clients and works as a liaison between account management, the client, and the technology team to design and deliver high quality, scalable technical solutions.
The successful candidate will be able to display thought leadership, technical prowess, and the ability to manage cross-division, cross-functional teams from project inception to completion. The Solution Consultant plays a pivotal role in maintaining client satisfaction and loyalty by providing exceptional services, technical know-how and value to our clients.
- Gather technical and business requirements in a consultative manner
- Quickly assess new projects to identify scope and level of effort
- Work with the customer to understand their unique business challenges and initiatives
- Work with the Digital Messaging team, Development team and internal stakeholders to understand key campaign parameters and inputs, such as subscriber audience, program frequency, degree of personalization and overall creative approach
- Develop customized presentations, demonstrations and prototypes to prove the solution’s business value to the customer
- Lead technical aspects of projects related to Email, Mobile and Web campaigns and CRM initiatives
- Manage data flows and lists and suggest areas for optimization
- Leverage Salesforce Marketing Cloud tools and scripting language to deliver highly dynamic and personalized content
- Build, test and implement integrated CRM campaigns using the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget)
- Develop robust campaign documentation
- Upload and manage HTML documents and email databases.
- Create campaign components, which include distribution databases, data segmentation rules, campaign documents, forms and reports.
- Build campaigns using the built-in features of the messaging application.
- Launch live Email and Digital Messaging campaigns.
- Act as a Email Marketing subject matter expert
- Ensure alignment of business requirements with Ariad standards and policies, and with industry best practices.
- Architect the data feeds, platform configuration, and components needed to run complex automated Email campaigns.
- Manage implementation of solutions for individual clients while maintaining cohesive and uniform development standard across multiple clients and platform initiatives.
- Demonstrate technical expertise while scoping and driving the creation of digital solutions, Email campaigns, Email reporting, and data integration.
- Proactively identify and resolve problems including client data feed issues.
- Exhibit direct and proactive interaction with senior leadership, other managers, staff, business partners, and clients.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the client team to support technical knowledge, issues, and questions.
- Stay abreast of industry technology innovations, new business practices, and third-party technology solutions.
- Define and refine internal team processes. Identify, create, and enhance internal systems and processes based on recurring client requests or evolving industry standards.
- Make recommendations to aid the team’s workflow, which may include the development of internal tools.
- Act as a consultant and technical expert on utilizing the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) and API to serve clients’ needs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and internal customer schedules with minimal oversight
- Understanding of complex data architectures and ability to lead and effectively manage technical discussions
- Strong consulting/communication skills, impeccable eye for detail and strong organizational skills
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) application experience a strong plus
- Experience with SQL, scripting languages, and relational databases a plus
- Experience delivering presentations and demonstrations to senior level business and technical audiences
- Experience with multiple integration techniques including Web Services and APIs
- Knowledge of web analytics solutions, such as Webtrends, Coremetrics and Omniture
- Knowledge of customer relationship management solutions, such as Salesforce.com and Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Ariad is one of Canada’s “Best Places to Work”. We are a full-service marketing agency that specializes in digital messaging, strategy, creative, content, and technology. We’re digital messaging experts, Email Marketing geeks, and ROI obsessed innovators. We are team players who are laser focused on our client’s success. We work hard and have lots of fun doing it!
Ariad Communications Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.