Junior Full Stack Developer
Are you a junior full stack developer that is passionate about building dynamic and innovative websites? Are you both technical and creative, able to see the big picture and yet focus on the details? Are you comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you will have the chance to work with leading technologies? If so, you may be exactly who we are looking for.
Ariad is a full-service marketing agency that has been recognized as one of Canada’s “Best Places to Work” for six years running. At Ariad, we focus on creating big results that make a difference to our clients. We are currently hiring for the position of junior full stack developer on a 12-month contract.
As a junior full stack developer you will be involved in supporting our development team in all areas of web development from backend data automations to frontend page builds. As this is a junior role, you aren’t expected to have everything we are looking for but you are expected to be hungry to learn as much as you can. We are interested in your personal growth so you will be mentored by team members but because it is a fairly small team you can expect to be working on client-facing work from the beginning.
If the following describes you, you may be our next ideal junior full stack developer:
You must be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Object-oriented programming
It would be nice if you have experience with:
- Backend frameworks such as Laravel
- Frontend frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Version control such as GIT
Some examples of how you can demonstrate your capabilities in the above:
- A degree in Computer Science
- Provide access to a github repository of your work
Above all, you must have:
- Good communication skills
- A strong desire to solve problems
- Curiosity to discover new things and the drive to learn them
- A willingness to put in the time and effort to grow as a developer
Ariad Communications Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.