The UX Lead works closely with our Strategy Group and Account teams to develop technical documentation that outlines how people navigate and use information across the web and other shared domains of information. Guiding a team of IA/UX designers, the UX Lead plays a key role in supporting testing and managing scope throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manages and leads design and UX/IA resources, not just delivers creative artifacts
- Coordinates with Project Managers and Creative Studio to determine upcoming design and UX/IA needs.
- Needs a working grasp of UX, Information Architecture, UI Design / Graphic Design - but does not need to be expert in all
- Develop site maps and wireframes. Must be fluent in Axure due to client needs
- Must have a portfolio demonstrating background in one or more of the above
- Visualize solutions utilizing visual tools, such as Data Flow diagrams, interactive prototypes or scenarios/activity flows, where appropriate
- Produce high quality (client friendly) documentation as required by the project type, including site maps, wireframes, process diagrams, use cases, user stories, completion criteria and test plans
- Experience in designing for and understanding target users
- Real product design, not single pages
- Understanding of current trends and design patterns
- Usable and highly functional interaction flows
Project collaboration and task management
- Track hours appropriately and ensure that hours are inputted as required (min. once a week)
- Estimate own efforts accurately and that of their team
- Ensure tasks are delivered on time, within the hours allocated at the appropriate level of fidelity
- Lead and participate in meetings as required, on time and with pre-reads/work completed
- Has an understanding of budget before commencing work
Team relationship management
- Develop collegial, professional relationships with team members
- Present work in a clear and persuasive manner
- Clearly communicate issues/concerns to supervisor in a timely and professional manner
- Follow up with team members that you are waiting for information/work from
- Keep team members and supervisor up to date on status of project tasks
- Bring forward new ideas and lead internal initiatives
- Participate in team building exercises
Business Experience/Educational Background
- 3+ years of experience as an UX/IA designer.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects in a software environment
- Demonstrated interest or experience in marketing and communications
- Demonstrate an ability to ‘creatively’ prototype a solution using current technologies, web frameworks, or development tools
- Provide examples or expertise of mobile first solutions and responsive design insights
Interested candidates: Please send your resume email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.