Email Marketing Developer
Ariad is a marketing communications agency that focuses on strategy and branded content to help our clients deliver meaningful experiences to their customers and audiences. Ariad’s thinking is powered by media-neutral ideas that enable stronger engagement across communication touch points.
Named one of Canada’s top 20 places to work for several years’ running, Ariad offers an exciting, fun and dynamic working environment. Our values create an environment where Ariad’s most important asset, our people, can succeed professionally.
We are looking for an Email Marketing/Front-End Developer who thrives in a creative, idea-driven culture and has the leadership to make our work sing and grow our client’s business.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing Technologies, the Email Marketing Developer will work with a talented team of email marketing specialists and developers. Leveraging a keen eye for design plus an ability to code from scratch, the Email Marketing developer will play an active role in providing technical and graphical builds for our clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Writing programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing HTML code and graphics packages to meet business requirements.
- Creating multi browser/device compatible HTML content and templates for Ariad client websites, landing pages, and emails.
- Building and testing email templates for Ariad client marketing communications, as well as building and sending custom formatted newsletters and promotions.
- Assisting with quality assurance on Ariad-built websites and emails, while providing support to the front end development team.
- Testing emails across multi-browser configurations and identifying any issues.
- Adhering to strict brand standards.
- Creating email newsletters that work in all major web browser email clients and regular email clients.
- Using initiative to research and develop code to solve challenges.
- Providing quality assurance on creative deliverables.
- Building and maintaining a rapport with cross functional teams including account teams, project managers, designers and developers.
- Hand-coding HTML and CSS from Photoshop mock-ups, for web pages and email templates.
- Creating, organizing, integrating and maintaining CSS documents
- Assuring browser compatibility, usability, performance, and adherence to specifications for projects.
- Assisting Development Team with testing new features.
- Ensuring Ariad client emails are following email best practices.
- Background in Email Marketing Development.
- 3+ years of design and development education.
- Strong front end web development and design experience.
- A solid working knowledge of Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Strong ability to fix bugs and troubleshoot problems
- Knowledge of Email Marketing development best practices.
- Experience with Email Deployment Platforms considered an asset. (WhatCounts, ExactTarget,Yesmail, Epsilon)
- Experience with AmpScript a very strong asset.
- Ability to code HTML and CSS (PHP and additional coding knowledge considered an asset).
- Excellent understanding of the differences between coding for websites vs email newsletters (ability to code table based and tableless layouts).
- Excellent understanding of W3C web standards, protocols, typography, composition and colour theory.
- Strong understanding of Photoshop slicing and image optimization
- Ability to work on their own or as part of a team.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and provide solutions.
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
- Ability to troubleshoot programming bugs and adapt to changing web environments.
- Team player who works well with various departments
- Self-motivating and capable of handling multiple projects at the same time
Ariad Communications Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.