Digital Messaging Specialist
The Digital Messaging Specialist will be responsible for the build, deployment and post campaign reporting of all digital messaging campaigns for Ariad clients. This role reports to the Director of Digital Messaging and supports the Digital Messaging team in all digital production, planning and implementation. We will also look to the Digital Messaging Specialist to work alongside our technical, creative, strategy and account teams to help define innovative integrated digital messaging campaigns and strategies.
Essential Job Functions:
Deploy Email marketing Campaigns: Use our in house and third party messaging system(s) or other vendors to implement, deploy and track email marketing campaigns.
- Upload and manage HTML documents and email databases.
- Create campaign components, which include distribution databases, data segmentation rules, campaign documents, forms and reports.
- Build campaigns using the built-in features of the messaging application.
- Launch live email campaigns.
- Pull performance data for reporting purposes, pour into report templates and ensure that team leads receive in specified timeframes.
- Maintain client email calendars with accurate dates and email content. This includes properly scheduling data transfers, creative hand offs, and quality control planning.
- Recommend new ideas and innovations to help Ariad clients move forward with digital messaging channels.
Database management: Provide data maintenance and manipulation services, including imports, exports, parsing, queries, and overall database hygiene. Develop campaign databases as required. Validate incoming client data and provide confirmation reports as required.
Document management: Compile HTML and Plaintext forms and documents. Configure and modify documents so that they correctly interface with messaging database systems. Archive completed programs.
Produce campaign reports: Pull analytic reports on websites or other online marketing campaigns. Work with project teams to interpret and report on data presented.
Problem resolution/troubleshooting: Troubleshoot issues that come up and proactively present innovative solutions to anticipate client needs. Consult with vendor technical support to resolve technical problems.
Leadership: Give recommendation on design, usability and functionality for email campaigns based on Ariad’s Digital Messaging best practices and basic privacy laws. Assist in providing vision, strategy and leadership for digital channels.
Subject Matter Expertise: As a Digital Messaging subject matter expert you will act as Ariad’s go to person for Digital Messaging related questions and work. As part of this, you will be responsible for keeping up to speed on the latest trends, best practices, and legal regulations. You will also be called upon to act as a Digital Messaging SME in face to face client meetings, and business development opportunities.
- Experience with Email Deployment Platforms
- Data manipulation, working in MS Access and MS Excel.
- Google analytics experience a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge in HTML, CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
- An ability to analyze and report on technical issues. Regular communication with account teams on timelines and necessary campaign elements.
- SQL server and MYSQL experience would be an asset. Experience with relational databases.
- Familiarity with mainstream email clients and message formats.
- Experience in Direct Marketing (address management) is an asset.
- Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables.
- Build, test, and send custom newsletters
- Strong ability to fix bugs and troubleshoot problems
- Ensure Ariad client emails are following email best practices.
- An interest in new technology and exploring creative ways of meeting business needs through technological solutions
- Proactive thinker and communicator
- Knack for trouble shooting and problem solving
- Detail oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Highly organized
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strive for high degree of precision
- Able to work independently, yet can also collaborate effectively with larger team
- Experience with Email Deployment Platforms like Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget), Oracle Marketing Cloud, Mailchimp, CampaignMonitor etc. would be considered a strong asset.
Ariad Communications Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.