We are searching for a superstar Account Director to join our fast-paced team.
Are you a passionate marketer who loves to collaborate on, and solve for, client challenges? Are you innately curious? A people person who takes pride in coaching and mentoring others? Committed to service, excellence and learning your client’s business? Do you have wide-ranging marketing experience, with digital at the core?
If so, this role might be for you.
The Account Director is responsible for managing and developing a diverse portfolio of business (1-3 brands, including a Top Tier financial brand). This includes immersing yourself in the brands and the competitive environment, and learning everything you can about your audience.
You take pride in developing trusted relationships with your team and your clients, doing what is right for the business, building it organically, and ensuring your team learns from you every step of the way. You can build a killer presentation deck, and can tell a story over a coffee or across a boardroom table.
You must have the following:
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing experience
- Demonstrated experience in digital marketing
- Demonstrated interest or experience in content marketing
- Demonstrated skill in coaching, mentoring, and managing employees
- University degree
- Strategic and creative acumen
- Strong presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Alignment with Ariad core values (collaboration, creativity, empathy, insight, resourcefulness, determination, intelligence, innovation)
You will be responsible for:
- Working with the Vice President overseeing this portfolio to define portfolio objectives and collaboratively manage/lead internal and external partners to deliver against those objectives
- Coaching and mentoring employees
- Ensuring projects are scoped accurately, delivered on time, on budget, and of the highest quality
- Demonstrating company-wide leadership by setting a positive example; sharing knowledge and expertise
- Managing the financials of the assigned portfolio, including performance to target, margins, and team utilization
- With support from the Strategy Team, building strong arguments and persuasive proposals, and coaching staff on developing strategic skills
- Working with the team and Creative Services to ensure that the Agency delivers outstanding creative work
- Leading or participating collaboratively and effectively in multi-agency environments
- Providing guidance to team on effective project management, approving project plans, schedules, and budget inputs
- Working with clients to advance their business needs and develop long-range communications and marketing plans
Ariad has been named one of Canada’s top places to work for seven years running. We have a fun and dynamic working environment, where Ariad’s most important asset, our people, can succeed and grow professionally. If you meet and exceed the requirements listed above, we look forward to meeting with you.
Ariad Communications Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.